Tocqueville members are a generous group of philanthropic leaders who support United Way and our community at a higher level. Tocqueville givers are often some of our region’s most influential business and civic leaders making difference in the lives of people who need it most. Tocqueville members may also be simply generous and wanting to impact our programs.
Inspired by Alexis de Tocqueville, a French political philosopher who famously admired American philanthropy, United Way’s Tocqueville Program provides its members with a way to embody that same generous American spirit of our forefathers that Tocqueville complimented nearly 200 years ago.
“I have seen Americans making great and sincere sacrifice for the key common good and a hundred times, I have noticed that when need be, they almost always gave each other faithful support.”
– Alexis de Tocqueville, French Philosopher
- Tocqueville members may be nominated to receive the Unite Worldwide Award
- Tocqueville members receive exclusive invitations to private donor events, connecting you with the leading influencers in our community.
- Tocqueville members receive the benefits of the potential tax impact for generous giving
- Advance and special invitations to participate in or lead roundtables or committees influencing major decisions relating to the community
The United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties invites you to become a member of this elite group of generous givers. Make a difference. Be of influence. Be generous.
How Do I Become a Member?
With a donation or designation of $10,000 or greater, you are a Tocqueville Member for the year in which you have given so generously.
- Stock may be used as a portion or total investment donation
- Incremental donations over a period of years qualify for the Step into Tocqueville Program
- Contributions may vary by year
- Monthly or quarterly recurring donation options are available
To speak with our Tocqueville Society Director, please contact Anessa Hunt Jones at 352-801-8655.