The Stronger Families Program provides families from all walks of life with an opportunity to become even stronger. Focused on the areas of income, education, and health, this new instructional program, offered by United Way of Lake and Sumter, is a fifteen-week course that meets each Thursday and shares guidance, instruction, and resources with participants. The goal of the Stronger Families program is to provide a hand up in the areas in which your family wants to see improvement. Maybe you want your children to be better prepared to enter school and aren’t sure what to do, or where to find the time, to help them get ready. Maybe you want to make more money or get a degree, buy a home, or simply save more of the money you’re getting. Maybe you want to learn how to make more healthy meals for you, shop on a budget, make a food budget, or stretch those dollars even further for doctors’ visits, glasses, or the dentist.
Join us as our community comes together and shares expertise, resources, and real guidance on what all is available to help your family become even stronger. Whether your family is you and your children, your grandchildren, or simply you and your spouse or significant other, this is a FREE PROGRAM and everyone is welcome!
Each participant will receive:
- Curriculum Binder to hold all resources and homework
- 2 hours of instruction from experts in each course topic
- 5 courses focused on Income guidance
- 5 courses focused on Health instruction
- 5 courses focused on the Education needs of you and your family
- Entries in the drawing for gas cards and Publix gift cards WEEKLY
- Healthy snacks and beverages during each class session
- Access to case managers for stability and payment assistance
The Stronger Families Program is currently CLOSED for registration. Stay tuned for future program updates!
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Immediately upon announcing the launch of this new program, sponsors have been eager to show their support. We are honored by the generous support of both our anonymous and our named sponsors.