Real change requires tackling the source of community challenges, not just the symptoms. We envision a healthier, safer community with a skilled workforce that contributes to the local economy and a younger generation that is educated and equipped for the opportunities of tomorrow. United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties works to create long-lasting change by addressing our community’s most serious problems through a results-focused approach that meets basic needs and improves the overall quality of life for everyone in our community. We collaborate with community partners to leverage resources and services needed to improve the lives of our residents. Supporting opportunities in Education, Income and Health, we believe the residents of Lake and Sumter Counties can reach their highest potential.
EDUCATION, INCOME AND HEALTH
… the building blocks for a good life and a strong community.
Community Partner Agencies
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake & Sumter Counties
- Central Florida Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Cornerstone Hospice Foundation
- YMCA of Central Florida
- Early Learning Coalition of Lake County
- Early Learning Coalition of Nature Coast
- Educational Foundation of Lake County
- Haven of Lake & Sumter Counties
- Lake Technical Center
- LifeStream Behavioral Center
- Mid Florida Community Services, Inc.
- New Vision for Independence
- Redlands Christian Migrant Association
- The Refuge at Jumper Creek
- The Arc Sunrise of Central Florida
- Sumter County School Board
- Thomas E. Langley Medical Center, Sumter County