Amended and UWLS Board Accepted February 8, 2017.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, we collect your name, address and email in order to respond to your inquiry.
- We collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, via our website, other digital platform, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
- We collect your name, address and email, and telephone number when you volunteer at a United Way activity or event.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities, with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with the legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected for processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website orother digital contribution platforms, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information, please contact us in writing at Resource Development, 32644 Blossom Lane, Leesburg FL 34788.