At United Way, we’re focused on ensuring that people have access to the resources they need right now, but we also address the root causes of our communities’ most persistent challenges.
A free, easy-to-remember phone number, 2‑1‑1 connects people with important health and human services in their communities– for everyday needs and in crisis situations. Through our Impact Fund, every day highly trained 2‑1‑1 call specialists are providing information on and referrals to:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, shelters, rent and utility payment assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling
- Employment Support: financial assistance, job training, education programs
- Support for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities: home-delivered meals, transportation, health care
- Youth and Child Care Programs: after school programs, summer camps, mentoring, protection services
- Regional Disaster Preparation
Search 2‑1‑1 Online
Search the 2‑1‑1 Community Online Resource Directory online now.
Start a live chat with 2‑1‑1 operators online to find resources in your area.
Text your zip code to 898-211 to get resources in your area via text message.
We encourage all local organizations to list your programs and services in the 2‑1‑1 database. Add or update your organization in the United Way 211 Community Resource Directory, or complete an application for inclusion. Read the listing eligibility guidelines to determine if your agency should be listed on 2‑1‑1.